I started learning to pole in January 2003 and have been teaching pole dancing since January 2005. I love teaching pole so much that I wanted to go full time so I set up Purity in 2006 and a year later gave up office work.
Why did I take up Pole Dance? Because I thought strippers were cool!! Their presence and their confidence they had on stage was so intoxicating I wanted to be able to do that! And since learning it, I want to share it with the world! I teach others how to feed into their power, everyone has it in them!
Years ago when I ran club nights I used to do podium dancing in night clubs, but once I started pole I decided to give up podium and just do pole. I did this regularly a few times a month for about 3 years to lots of different music including: rock, techno, trance, drum n bass, house and RnB. I have stopped performing in nightclubs and now do showcases and competitions, some of which have included Polecats, Pole Divas and being a UK finalist at Miss Pole Dance 2008.
- Redtrip, Squelcher, Torture Garden, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Synthetic Culture, Tarantula, Antiworld, Xstatic, Logic, Sexy Back, Weird and Wonderful, Stripper Style on Tour.
Clubs I have danced at;
- Fridge, Telegraph, Electrowerkz, Mass, Scala, Club Supreme, Crash, SEOne, Plan B, Egg.
As well as dancing in nightclubs I have also had other opportunities including;
- Radio (BBC Radio Berkshire/OnFM Radio),
- TV (UK TV Style/BBC Three)
- Music Video (Nick Sentience)
- Calendars (MyPole 2005/Pole Love 2008)
- Showcases (Spin City, UKAPP, Miss Pole Princess, Equity, International Pole Federation, Authentic Pole Comp)
- Speaking and performing at Venus Art Gallery, Henley
- Various after show parties, London
- Cyberdog, Camden each weekend during 2010
- Suzie Q
- Sally Ann Giles
- Jamie Taylor
- Tess Taylor
- Deb Riley
- Maxine Betts
- Sarah Scott
- Charlotte Holstead
- Maddie Sparkle
- Michelle Shimmy
- Jazzy K
- Sarah Blackmilk
I aim to bring pole dancing to anyone who wants to try it, whether its for the beautiful art of pole, or for the more naughty slinky side.
- Level 2 Exercise to Music Qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- Fitness Pilates
- Spin City Aerial Hoop Beginners
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- INSANITY ProTeam Instructor
- I also have Public Liability Insurance and a PPL licence
- Spin City Stretching and Flexibility for Pole and Aerial
- Spin City Beginner and Intermediate Pole Fitness
- Xpert Essential Science of Heels
I am a 4 Star Pole Dance Community Instructor, and an Authorised Grading Assessor.